CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 2, 2009

Growing up

The little man is "growing like a weed", "changing right before my eyes", and whatever other cliche conveys the fact that I am amazed and delighted every time I look at him - finally grasping that desperate plea from seasoned moms: "Appreciate every moment when they're little because it goes by so fast."  

He turned 18 months last month and it's like his social switch was flipped. He is funny and smart and compassionate. K- obviously I've got a serious bias, but isn't that a prerequisite for motherhood?  

Some stuff he's doing - calling daddy "mommy", which I truly enjoy because I was "Daddy" to Dalton for a long time; wearing Mr. Potatohead's glasses and the Build-a-Bear's sunglasses; reading "Goodnight Moon" over and over and over; putting 3 binkies in his mouth at once; and pulling mad tricks on his 4 wheeler. 

What a goof.



9 comments:

Nicki said...

He has changed so much since Christmas. We can't wait to see you all in June.
Glad to see you have updated your blog. I feel frowny inside when I can't read of your family. ;)

Masha said...

So cute!!! And I am also starting to appreciate the good old advice to 'enjoy every minute' - Harper is going to be one next month! WHat in the heck happened to the time?

Jessie Brown said...

DAVIS IS SO DANG CUTE. THEY REALLY DO GROW WAY TOO FAST. MY LITTLE BABY IS ALREADY 15 MONTHS, CRAZY HOW TIME FLYS.

First Comes Love Then Comes Marriage said...

oh my goodness he is so adorable!!!
I can't believe how much he's grown just since halloween!!! what a cutie!!!

The Dials said...

I have to agree with everyone in saying that he is so ADORABLE! What a sweet little guy. Hope that you guys are doing well!

Julie said...

he is a sweet guy I love the quad riding, what a crazy man

Unknown said...

Those videos made me miss your family so much! He is a doll and so much like Dalton and Dane. Too bad Davis and Alivia couldn't enjoy nursery together...

Sam said...

Holy crap that kid is huge!! What have you been feeding him?

Yang Fam said...

I can't wait to see you soon! I'm counting the days. I can't believe how fast Davis has gotten since we last saw you in December.