CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 9, 2007

M.I.A.

I've slipped from reality into that other dimension called "new motherhood", except sadly, I am not a NEW mother. Still, the whole survival mode thing is very real and has pared my priorities down to what Dalton refers to as Bear Grylls (Man vs. Wild) most important things: 1. water, 2. food, 3. shelter, 4. a way home. Okay, so #3 & #4 aren't truly relevant (although 'shelter' is debatable - as any mother of young kids can attest; however, I might more aptly call it 'hideout' or 'sane time away' or something like that) Anyway, the heirarchy of needs is dominating my daily ativities - and it's mostly the needs of my munchkins that get met most readily.

We've achieved the 4 week mark and I can feel the clouds parting and the sunshine of normal (albeit altered normal) life peeking back in. I've done the park a couple times, the grocery store, and target, but I did turn down the beach today (not without my husband). O-blah-dee O-blah-dah, Life goes on! Shockingly, it doesn't slow down and wait for you to catch up. So here we go.

And yeah, I'll post some more pictures soon. yeah, yeah.

3 comments:

The Clark said...

oh good. i was just about to ask you if davis was still 9 days old.

loving you and thinking of you often.

Nicki said...

Stacie,
life does go on and we are glad to hear you are going on too! It will be normal before you know it. Then you'll be wishing for days of new baby to be back again, cause it is so darn sweet! So savor!!!

Karalenn Hippen said...

Hi Sweet Stacie. I hadn't seen this entry before. I remember how tuff those first few weeks are. (In my case, first few months) :) Good job making it through. Sure miss ya.
Love, Karalenn