CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

random dinner conversation

In spite of all the actually interesting stuff we've been doing lately, I'm going to jot down a funny conversation we had at dinner tonight. We played "2 lies and a truth", where you say two things that are completely bogus - but sound believable, and one thing that's actually true. Everyone else tries to figure out which is the truth. Dalton and Dane's turns were, needless to say, rather entertaining.

Dalton: Today I, um, . . . I went to school and I forgot to wear clothes! I was naked! Then at recess I fell and broke my arm! Um, . . . I did math.

Mom and Dad: Okay Dane, you decide which is true.

Dane: Um, uh. . . you broke your arm?

Dalton (with a self-satisfied laugh): Nope!

Dane: Uh . . . you went to school naked?

Dalton: Nope.

Dane: I know! You did math!

Dalton: You got it!


Then for Dane's turn we weren't sure if he'd get the concept, but here's what he came up with:

Dane: Today I watched tv and had a drink and a snack. Today I watched tv and had a snack and no drink. Today it rained poop.

The truth was that he had a snack and no drink. It was a big deal because I didn't give him a drink with his snack and of course he brought this to my attention. Customer Service here in our house being as accomodating as it is, the situation was shortly rectified.

6 comments:

Nicki said...

I can't stop laughing!!!

The Clark said...

what?!!!! my guts just fell out from laughing so hard. i can't wait to read this to ana & lily!

thanks for the postage!

The Clark said...

yep. they died laughing.

Britney and Jaren Jensen said...

Too funny! You gotta love kids and the things they come up with. We're glad it didn't really rain poop :)

Karalenn Hippen said...

Oh how funny. I love it. YOu have such cute boys and write so well Stace. I love reading what you guys are up to.

Masha said...

that is hilarious! Funny kiddos!