CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Little Does He Know

This last weekend we spent some time in Newport Beach (lovely, BTW) and on the way home we spotted a limo on the freeway. Spotting limos is like spotting VW bugs for us.

You see, a last year Dalton won a limo ride to Chuck E. Cheese with 10 other kindergarteners - as a reward for a fundraiser. Ever since he's been enthralled by limousines - "Why can't we have one? Do you have to be famous to have one? I have an idea, let's get famous and buy a limo to ride around in!" Needless to say, Dane's also quite fascinated by them because he WASN'T allowed to go along on the ride. You know how seeing your sibling doing something so awesome you can't stand it can make you bright green. So, la dee dah, they love limos.

Back to the OC freeway - limo next to the van (which has recently been christened the "Millenium Falcon" - which luckily won out over the "Death Star") . . . Dalton again brings up the subject of our lack of limo or prospect of limo and I try to pacify him by suggesting that perhaps for his wedding we'll get a limo for him to ride in. This idea is immediately exciting and he starts giggling and looking for someway to commit me to this forever. Then in a sweet voice he says, "I'll take my wife, you mom, dad, and all my little brothers. You're my family and I don't want to go anywhere without you guys."

What a sweetie! Little does he know that his wedding night will be one time that he'll certainly not want us around. Aaahhhh, innocence.

4 comments:

Christian said...

I just got a message on my blog from YOU?! I never thought that would happen, especially after that post when you were throwing a fit! Good to hear from you and know that you are checking up on me chica!

Christian said...

Hey I just found good ole Jeni Hansen--check out her blog.

www.jonathanjeni.blogspot.com

Nicki said...

Your story can't help but bring a smile to my face. ;)

The Clark said...

i think your boys have the most brilliantly creative minds. the things that dalton comes up with! he kills me.

when i jumped on your blog tonight "come what may" was on. inspiring. makes me wanna go watch moulin rouge. oh except for the fact that i watched it last night...