CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, March 21, 2008

Motivation

As Dane was eating his veggies at lunch today, he turned to me with a steely look and said, "I am going to eat my vegetables so that I can grow up to be as tall as Daddy. Then, I won't have to sit on the couch when I hold Davis."

Little Daners just loves Davis. He'll frequently come away from whatever he's doing and just plant a big one on Davis's cheek. Or he'll bring his cherished blanket over and shove it under Davis's nose so that he can smell it as Dane loves to do. Too bad that by the time Dane is as big as Darren, Davis will probably be close to his size and won't want anything to do with being carried around.

Why is the grass always greener? When you're a kid, it always seems so powerful and exciting to be bigger. When you're grown, you look back on childhood as such an idyllic an simple time. Human nature I suppose. For now, it's a great motivation to eat the greens and chug the milk.

0 comments: