CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

The Final Countdown

Well, we're down to less than a month left here in Los Angeles. I wish I had more time so I could post all the great pictures I'm taking of our final moments.

I've had an "LA List" of our favorite thing to do in the area that I wanted to revisit for the last time and a couple things we hadn't gotten to yet. Our favorites- The Getty, Zimmer Museum, Santa Monica pier, favorite parks - Kenneth Hahn, Aidan's Place, etc., the Grove, Travel Town, Zoo, Legoland, Hollywood & Highland, "Whimsic Alley", aka - the Harry Potter store, Gene Autry Museum, Shrine Circus at the Shrine, LACMA, Tide Pools in Malibu. I still haven't managed to get to the Griffith Observatory yet, but that's slated for next week. I'm going to an Ellen show taping tomorrow afternoon and I hope to get down to the Pantages to see Wicked once more (front row for $25 in the nightly lottery - can't beat that!) We're also doing one last bonfire at Dockweiler beach this weekend. It's also my bday this weekend, #30, but I got my present a couple weeks ago - tickets to Phantom of the Opera. We're also doing weekly Disneyland trips to savour our passes, so we're heading down to Anaheim in a couple hours.

The boys are playing tball and 5-pitch and doing really well. Dalton can snag a ball and throw it from 3rd base to first with spot-on aim. He totally didn't get that from me. Darren is coaching Dane's team and it's just a riot to see him chugging around the bases with the giant batting helmet on. He also like to draw pizzas in the dirt.

This is a rambling post that I'll surely edit later. I just want all to know that we're alive and kicking and trying to prepare ourselves for some huge and exciting changes.

10 comments:

The Clark said...

so excited for all the changes coming up! and i know that bittersweetness. happy to be leaving the crazy l.a. scene and sad to be leaving the crazy l.a. scene.

so so so great to see you monday. i love you and i'm excited to track your move on here (you'll keep us updated, right?!). enjoy some disney for us.

xoxoxo

hannah said...

i just have to say that i have TOTALLY been following your countdown tracker to graduation - it has kept me sane while writing finals. :) really sad to see you go tho' :(

p.s. how do you get in the lottery for wicked tickets? I would LOVE to go see it again before it ends, but can't justify ticketmaster prices!

Julie said...

Glad you are keeping up will your list sounds like a tone of fun, were are you going next?

Jenny Covey said...

Don't go!!! At least schedule a girls pinkberry night right before you take off. And then schedule a return trip.

Casey said...

Hi guys! Long time no talk! Anyways, late at night, I'm working and a thought came to mind, what is going on with the Rennaker's? Darren should be graduating soon? So what's the deal, where are you moving? I didn't see on the site, could have been right in front of my face :). We have to get together sometime, Angie is having #3. Hope all is well, CA is treating you well... Darren when is the big day? I need to get my teeth done. Talk to you later and tell everyone hi! - Casey K.

The Barkers said...

well,well the day is just around the corner!! so excited for you.Darren do be like all the other dentist i have worked for if you know what i mean:o).Well Please keep me updated with your info. I miss you Tons and STACIE HAPPY 30th BIRTHDAY Just remember you turn 30 first!!!!!!

XOXOXOX Vic

Karalenn Hippen said...

I remember that spot you are in. YOu know you don't want to miss anything and yet your mind is on the future. I wish some how we could have froze time and savored just a bit more before we moved away. Oh and happy bday Stacie.

Lori said...

Happy 30th Stacie!!! Wish you had time to make it back to San Diego before you move.

Holly Park said...

I can't believe your time is winding down so quickly! Wow, it goes so quickly...and all of your fun travels around town make me miss it. The next phase will be exciting--and will mean we'll need to plan Cali reunions!! Are you guys headed to AZ for the summer, or are you already off to CO?

Britney and Jaren Jensen said...

Maybe I'm hormonal but I'm watering up just reading this post, and feeling sad about leaving too! California has given us some great memories, and GREAT friends like you. Bring the boys over if you need some time to pack alone! Oh and Happy Birthday :)