CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Father's Day

Here's to Darren - the fantastic father in our house.

On Sunday we did the traditional breakfast in bed, . . .


. . . gifts, . . .


. . . and the candy tie which MUST be worn to church. (here's this year's version. I know Dalton's getting older because he actually said, "ya know Dad, you don't have to wear that. It's kinda funny looking.")


We also made a book/card all about Darren. Here's part that was pretty funny:

All about Darren
By Dalton and Dane Rennaker

How old is Dad? 29 (Dalton)
What is Dad’s favorite color? Blue (Dane)
What is dad’s favorite food? Chocolate & apples (Dalton)
What is Dad’s favorite thing to do? Play Thomas and pirates (Dane)
What is Dad’s favorite TV show? Golf, hockey, basketball, baseball, football (Dalton)
What is Dad’s best talent? He beats monsters (Dane)
What’s the best time you had with Dad? Seeing TMNT with him –“it was a very special time” (Dalton)
What’s your favorite thing about Dad? He reads to me; he’s fun (Dane)
What is something nice about Dad? He took us to Father/Son Camp and made me a bow&arrow (Dalton)
What’s your favorite place to go with Dad? Target (Dane)
How much do you love Dad? With all my heart (Dalton) To infinity and beyond (Dane)


We're pretty lucky to have a dad like Darren in our family. He truly is the best. Love you!

2 comments:

The Clark said...

Excellent. Bravo!! I knew you would beat me at my own game on day 1.

Not only do you write well but you think well. Fun to read.

xoxoxoxox,
Rachel

oretta said...

Kids are funny. When the kids gave Jared his new tie Cannon told him it was a new tie not one from the DI. I never buy ties from the DI but I do buy a lot of stuff from there!