CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, November 10, 2007

Dalton Bradley

Happy 7th Birthday Dalton!!!
How quickly they grow. I used to shrug off older people telling me that, but now I really understand that it's true! You have to savor every moment of their little lives; they grow so gradually that you don't even realize it's happening. I always think of the movie Finding Neverland, where Johnny Depp says, "Little boys should never be put to bed, because when they wake up they're a whole day older. "

So here are some random pictures from the life of Dalton, about one per year.
















Happy Birthday to Dalton, happy birthday to Dalton . . .
Here is a little update on our firstborn son as he rings in his lucky 7th year!
favorite color- back to BLUE, the original favorite (he went with green for a couple years out of
loyalty to his buddy Aidan)
favorite food - corn on the cob
favorite toy - legos, especially the new bionicle and underwater explorer sets he just got
favorite place - zimmer museum, disneyland
favorite movie - Pirates of the Carribean #3 "which I haven't seen, but I know must be really
cool!"
favorite thing at school - "take away", aka: subtraction (go figure!)
favorite sport - baseball (with dad at the park by our house and Dodger games)
favorite book - How I Became a Pirate
favorite scripture story - Ammon and the Sheep thieves (dismemberment? of course it's a fav!)


Seven Years. Also an anniversary of a different kind.

Seven years ago today I became a mother. Our lives were changed when Dalton was born. How do you even begin to express or comprehend the significance of this? The beginning of a new life? the beginning of a new part of yourself? an entirely different way of living and thinking? I remember sitting in the hospital hours after giving birth and feeling the weight of the parental mantel falling on me. It was actually a tangible experience, for me. I can recall the dawning of realization of what it truly means to be responsible for another life in every way - and honestly, it was stressful!
AAAaaahhhh, parenthood.
Well, I'll post about the festivities later. For now, I'm just happy to be Dalton's mom.

9 comments:

Karalenn Hippen said...

What sweet pictures. I know just what you are talking about that tangible feeling. I remember when Makenzie was almost crowning and the nurse looked at me with tears and said to SEth, "Hold hands with her now, because it's the last time it will be just you and her forever. Here comes your sweet new baby!" Wow that was an incredible and heavy and beautiful moment. Bless that nurse forever for helping me to stop in the middle of one of the most amazing moments of my life and understand what was going on.

Karalenn Hippen said...

Oh and Happy Birthday Dalton!

Seth Hippen said...

Happy Birthday, Dalton!

The Clark said...

HaPpY BiRtHdAy BuDdY!!!!!

Britney and Jaren Jensen said...

What cute pictures of Dalton! happy birthday, now you are as old 7 just like the others in your primary class whahoo!

Britney and Jaren Jensen said...

What cute pictures of Dalton! happy birthday, now you are as old 7 just like the others in your primary class whahoo!

Beth said...

Holy Flash backs! I remember baby Dalton! Although I love present Dalton too! It makes me reflective see him so little!

Beth said...

Stacie Danielle, as your sister I feel a responsibility to tell you that it is indeed time to update your blog! You took on the responsibility to have a blog now you need to keep it current! Give the people what we want or else we are going to stop looking at your blog!

The Rennakers: said...

okay okay okay!