CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 11, 2008

September 11th


I haven't read any blogs or watched the news today, so I haven't felt inundated with reminders about 9/11. I've just been doing my little family thing and been thinking about how I felt that morning and thinking about how we were all affected by that day. Considering this is an election year - and there is no incumbent favorite, the polls are pretty split, and the climate is tense - a reminder about how unified we can be is so refreshing. It makes a sad commentary about our society that it takes a national threat to bring us together as Americans, and more fundamentally - as humans. I don't want to sound like an endlessly forwarded cheesy, but I hope I never forget that day. I don't mean the horror and terror and devastation, but I mean the compassion it inspired, the love for my unknown brother, the desire to reach out to help and give. Those feelings are usually strong for those in our immediate influence, but not always for those outside. Okay, enough soapboxing.

0 comments: