CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 4, 2008

Oh Ace!

Okay, don't laugh - and just pause a minute before you think "Whuh? why is this doof front and center?"

Let me explain . . .


Dalton (shortly after returning from school the other day): "Guess who my music teacher's son is?"
Me (rather uninterested and distracted due to my service as a jungle gym for Davis and fielding snack requests from Dane): "Uhm, who?"
Dalton (ecstatically, complete with hand gestures and high eyebrows):
"ACE YOUNG!"
Me (thinking fast - trying to remember who the heck that is and why it sounds vaguely familiar): Really? Cool!
Dalton (rather quietly): "Um, who's Ace Young?"
Me (after retrieving a file from my brain labeled "useless tidbits lifted from past reality tv shows" ): He was a guy on a show called American Idol; he's a singer.

Dalton sees the guy's pictures all over his music room - a veritable shrine to Mrs. Young's son - she's so proud! It reminds me of when Dalton found out what his name meant and rejected it completely, insisting instead on being called "Ace". I guess he can give up that dream since the name is clearly taken. Too bad.

5 comments:

Julie said...

wow you have a good memory I would not have know who Ace was!

Marsh Family said...

ok, ok, I think I may have been the cause of Dalton finding out what his name means. In sharing time we tried to explain to him that it meant farmer and that Joseph Smith farmed and that was so cool to have that in common with the prophet. Anyway, I am so sorry it caused some grief in your house!!!

Beth said...

Are you Kidding me? Dalton finding out what his name was is one one the best stories ever! No grief in that house, just another funny Dalton antidote to tease him about when he gets older! Don't be sorry!

Nicki said...

Can't wait to hear how this one progresses...

Yang Fam said...

That's so FUNNY. I didn't even know who "Ace" was from the picture. You're smart.