CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, June 26, 2009

BolderBoulder


So listen, I'm no athlete - but I likey to run.  'Tis my therapy, for real.  And so as a surprise my loverly sister Jenni flew out to run the BOLDERBOULDER 10K road race with me over Memorial Day.  Isn't she nice?  The weather was perfect and the course was fun - complete with people along the way offering beer and bacon (really people? bacon?) and spraying us with hoses and runners taking time out to make a slip-n-slide run.  The 6.2 mile course ends in CU stadium (up a rad {not} hill) where you take a victory lap. So get this, I didn't know it ended with a lap - I thought you hauled it up the raunchy hill and then got spit into the stadium to collapse.  So what did I do? I booked it up that hill beyond top speed (finish strong, eh?) and then went in the stadium and hullo?!? I trotted gingerly 'round the track and finished. It was kinda my cool down 'cuz I was spent. Plus all the other runners were in my way looking for family. (Another point - who is so annoying as to WALK - three people deep - on the inside of a turn?)

1 comments:

Beth said...

Cute girls! and Holy Posts Stacie! Is that the way you roll now? No post forever and ever and then... BAM! a kazillion pics and 3 posts at once?