CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, June 26, 2009

Getcha Harry Potter On

Calling all Harry Potter nerds! (myself included) It's officially time to start re-reading #6 to be ready for the movie.  Are you as excited as I am? I'm sure I missed plenty the first two times I read it and so here we go again. And I think I'm finally to the point that I can read the book and see the movie right away with minimal disappointing comparisons. The last few movies have been exponentially better, in my not-so-humble opinion.  But I think Twilight taught us to lower our expectations and just accept the fact that the books are always better. Plus - film is a different medium, right? Content will be tweaked, so that's that.  Bonus - this film is rated PG, so the kiddos can see it!!!

2 comments:

Hirsche Family said...

Re-read just number 6?! Apparently everyone in Provo feels the need to re-read the whole series as not a single Harry Potter title has stayed on the shelf longer than a couple hours for the past few months! Enjoy getting your Harry Potter fix!

stina said...

I'm with ya. i just finished 6 with my kids, so its fresh in my mind! Its been a long time to wait after they pushed back the release date. I'm considering the midnight showing opening night. You??