CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, October 1, 2007

A Fly on the Wall

This is life with little ones. They're so darn cute while they figure out this big ol' world. All of the following are true accounts.

(in the car on the way to school, following a rousing rendition of "Oh Suzanna")
Dane: I wish I had a banjo on my knee.
Dalton: No you don't Dane. Banjos are HUGE! It would kill your knee.

(during a morning prayer - literally smack dab in the middle of it)
Dane: Jesus and Heavenly Father are pretend. They live at the church I think. I don't see them anywhere around here.

(at the dinner table, out of the blue)
Dalton: I wish we could go swimming at that fun cat pool again.
Dad: What cat pool?
Dalton: That one at that dental school party.
Mom: (picturing a nasty pool of stagnant water, full of mangy cats) What are you talking about?
Dalton: The cat pool! Where I played with that little girl.
Mom: (realization dawning) OOOoohh! The "Kiddie" pool?
Dalton: Yeah, the kitty pool. I miss it.

(getting ready for bed. this has been a common topic of discussion lately.a response to the new addition to the family?)
Dane: Mom, when I grow up to be a dad I want to marry you.
Dalton: No way Dane. If you were my dad I would freak out!
(that would be the least of his problems if Dane and I got married. eek!)

(on the way to preschool - feeling really grown up)
Dane: Mom! My legs are huge. They go all the way down to my feet!

(again, over dinner - when Dalton gets really chatty to avoid food he doesn't want)
Dalton: (after a quiet moment of contemplation) There's a kid in my class, my size, who has a mustache. A real mustache. His name is Christopher.
Dad: What does he look like?
Dalton: Um, he's kinda lightey/darkey (he's Latino). He has dark hair. Stop laughing mom. He's just different, that's all. He's really nice and he's my friend. He just has a mustache.


Aaahhh. kids.

6 comments:

Kindermusik with Celeste said...

I laughed out loud...so cute!

Karalenn Hippen said...

Oh my goodness.. I'm going to wet my pants. That is so so funny. I'm calling Seth at work right now to stop whatever he's doing so he can read this too. hahaha

Beth said...

Wait, Wait... so does this kid really have a mustache?

The Barkers said...

Oh my goodnes... That was so funny I needed a good laugh. Your kids are soooo funny

Nicki said...

Is his name Pedro? Give Dalton a perm, some moon boots and let them trick or treat together.

The Rennakers: said...

good one nicki. christopher does have a sweet bike - a 'sledgehammer' i think.