CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

The Carve

We know they'll rot if we carve early, but we had to be ready for the trunk-or-treat! So last Saturday (my blog is on time-delay) we got out the kits and had a little carvin' party. The boys love this and sit patiently by us as we carve, cheering us on - for about 5 minutes. Then they run off and play, returning intermittently to ask "Are you done yet?" Ah, but it's worth it in the end. Gotta love a good jack-o-lantern. And wouldn't you know it - I don't even have pictures of the finished product loaded. At the time I actually put down the carving knife and said, "That's as good as it's gonna get" I went straight to the sink to wash - I didn't want to look at my butcher job for a while, even through a camera lens!
Our duplex neighbor is the graphic editor of the LA Times and he came out and saw us making a mess all over the paper. He laughed and took a picture of a big glob of punkin innards and said something about how they stress over content and it's really just tomorrow's fish wrapper.


Big goopy messes!!! Why do they always want to taste the pumkin guts?


Dane wanted a happy pumpkin, so he chose this cute face.

Dalton wanted a creepy skeleton - labeled "difficult" to carve. I can't wait until they can do it themselves! Actually, I can.

1 comments:

oretta said...

I love the boys faces in the pictures. This year I had the kids paint on the faces. We did carve one when Thomas was here and ate the seeds we roasted in the oven.