CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Lars and the Real Girl

Okay, so last night I had a personal first, and probably last: Thanks to my lovely, well connected friend Maegan, I got to attend a real Hollywood movie premier. I don't want to bore my family with more stupid stories about encounters with the rich and famous, but this was too fun. We pulled up to the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences building on Wilshire and yep - the red carpet, the bright lights and paparazzi. Luckily you don't have to actually walk on the red carpet to enter the theater. BIG FAT NO THANK YOU! But as we were walking in, who should be right there, with his date, chatting up ET? (do I sound starstruck or what?) Ryan Gosling! Check out the pic below. The date is not Rachel McAdams, but we loved her big bootie. (a rump like that was a rare sight last night amid the SCARY facelifts and lip jobs. eek! like halloween on parade.)


Then we entered the theater, where cameras were expressly forbidden. So I snuck a flash-free shot of Oscar flanking the screen. The producer and director spoke, then everyone cheered all through the opening credits, cuz they were there and apparently couldn't help themselves.

After the show there was a reception full of delish food, an open bar (sprite, anyone?), and networking and hob-snobbing. Are you done hearing about this yet?



So, it was a fun night - but the best part really was the movie itself. Lars and the Real Girl - comes out October 12th. I laughed, I cried. I thought about it falling asleep. It's a great story. I highly recommend it! So here's a link to the trailer. And everyone go see it - it's good for Maegan's husband's production company. I should get paid for the plug, eh?

Click here: Lars and the Real Girl

5 comments:

Anita said...

Stacie--I am so jealous!!! How come there's no pics of you all dolled up?!

The Rennakers: said...

cameras weren't allowed in the theater, so i could stealthily take pics of others w/o flash, but it wasn't easy to get pics of myself without calling attention. and truthfully, at the time i didn't think of it.

The Clark said...

woah. what is this fast or feast? suddenly you have a million posts!

ryan is getting fat. he was my boyfriend for a while. maybe i should break up with him.

tell meagan hi!

Kristen said...

you are so silly! you need to get a job as some famous person's assistant so you can get your daily ration of famous people. :)

oretta said...

That girl with the HUGE bootie is his sister. He is gaining weight for his new movie. This sounds like I'm 14 again...I have a secret crush on him. So jealous of you Stacie.